Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh Monday!

My middle name should be called Klutz Lee. I tripped over the steps, hit my leg against the table and fell over my computer wire in two days. And guess what? It is at the same spot. The abrasion and bruise on that leg were enough for me to feel uncomfortable today. I shall need to wear jeans for the rest of the week, to cover this ugly hurting scar.

In any case, how's Monday? I am left with the last part of my exam marking and I am hoping to clear all of these plus tons of other stuff at work tomorrow. Wish me luck, in checking off the ticks on my checklist.

Well, first up.. Another good news to share. I was featured HERE. Iris Babao Uy, one of my favourite scrapper contacted me awhile back, wanting to feature my crate paper layouts on AussieScrap. And of course, I agreed and was so excited about it. Do check it out and you will see lots of other crate projects ready to inspire you.

Next, Crate Paper's May Creative Weekly is out today! Woohoo, I am happy that this month's theme is all about...

Il_570xN.366879592_fysj
SUMMER SPLASH
Because "The Pier" is the first beach worthy, backyard-fun collection that Crate has ever crafted, this week's Creative Weekly is all about warm, sunny days spent at our favorite "splash" destinations with family, friends, neighbors and food filled coolers while soaking in the sun's rays and relaxing the day away! 

Here in Singapore, even though its summer all year around, we hardly find the time to go to the beach. But every once in awhile, especially during the school break.. we will made the trip down to ECP. K and B love playing with the sand and building sandcastles and over the March Hols, I managed to capture some lovely shots of them. 




I created a ripple effect using my stamps, splattered different shades of blue mists and place random gold sequins on the page to represent that perfect Sunny day we had at the beach. I used The Pier's chipboard elements, accents from the ephemera pack and built layers around the photos.

I personally feel it's important to make sense of embellishments I choose to place on my layouts. One such example is the "Your Number 23" tag that you see on the top right hand corner. I knew I wanted to use it, but the number served as a distraction since it had nothing to do with the photo or story. So, I added a plus sign in between 2 and 3, creating some interest while complementing it with the title 'You are 5'.

Be sure to join in this May Creative Weekly Challenge. I cant wait to see what each and everyone comes up with. (:



3 comments:

Ellen H. said...

It looks very lovely!!
Can you show us sometime how you do the painting on the layout?

xxx
Ellen

Sam said...

Hey babe, congrats on being featured on both 2peas & Studio Calico!

love your clustering of embellies! I am opposite, I always anyhow add embellies to my layout! =)

Anonymous said...

hey congratz on being featured on both twopeas & Studio Calico!
always love your layout

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...